DokuWiki — It's better when it's simple – is a HTML5 standards compliant, simple to use wiki engine, mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. It is targeted at developer teams, workgroups and small companies. It has a simple but powerful syntax which makes sure the datafiles remain readable outside the wiki, and eases the creation of structured texts. All data is stored in plain text files – no database is required. Available in over fifty languages with a customisable interwiki, DokuWiki is backed up by a fantastic support forum, newsletters, mailing lists, and a funky interactive map of DokuWiki users. One interesting DokuWiki site you might be attracted to is Encyclopedia Magnetica – can you resist the pull!
The DokuWiki open source software is released for free under the GNU General Public License v2 (GPLv2), and the content of the administration and community wiki which discusses the DokuWiki engine is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license (CC BY-SA 3.0).
- External links
- Installation guide — at DokuWiki.org
- User manual — at DokuWiki.org
- Training video — at YouTube.com
- DokuWiki Installations — sortable table of all DokuWiki sites, including screengrab and date of installation
- DokuWiki Users — at DokuWiki.org (old users, very long list kept for posterity)
- DokuWiki User Map — zoomable map with push-pins of DokuWiki users (whom are registered on the DokuWiki forums)
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Google+ page
- LinkedIn group
- OpenHub space
- View a detailed feature list of DokuWiki on the WikiMatrix wiki engine comparison wiki-site.
The following wikis in this category are powered by the DokuWiki wiki engine.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category “DokuWiki”
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total.
Media in category "DokuWiki"
This category contains only the following file.