Wikinews is a collection of wiki websites which present up-to-date, relevant, newsworthy and entertaining content; without bias, with content that is written by the volunteer Wikinews editors. A project of the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF), all content is released under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License, which makes the Wikinews content perpetually available for free redistribution and use.
As of March 2013, Wikimedia Meta-Wiki indicates that there are 33 Wikinews versions in different languages, with the Serbian version being the largest with over 70,000 articles, followed by the English version just shy of 20,000 articles. New languages added when there is significant support for the language. Meta-Wiki historical article new language pre-launch documents the evolution of some of the various language versions of Wikinews, and Meta-Wiki requests for new languages illustrates the process for all Wikimedia Foundation projects. Just like the convention of other WMF projects such as Wikipedia, each Wikinews language version is a sub-domain under the wikinews.org domain. The Japanese Wikinews, for example, is at http://ja.wikinews.org 
- Wikinews Statistics — stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Wikinews Interactive Statistics — from Wikistatistics.net
- List of Wikinews — from WikiStats by S23.org
- Wikinews database list — at noc.Wikimedia.org
- Wikinews.org site info — from Alexa.com
1,000+: العربية / Arabic (ar), Catalan (ca), Chinese (zh), Czech (cs), Greek (el) Español (es), Persian (fa), Finnish (fi), עברית / Hebrew (he), Italiano (it), Japanese (ja),
Swedish / Svenska (sv),
100+: Albanian (sq), Български / Bulgarian (bg), Bosnian (bs), Esperanto (eo), Hungarian (hu), Korean (ko), Norsk (no),
ไทย / Thai (th),
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF), founded 20 June 2003, is the non-profit organization responsible for a very large number (over 900 in total) of very active wikis, grouped together and known as 'projects'; as well as the wiki engine software initially developed by themselves, known as MediaWiki. The Foundations' major wiki projects include Wikipedia (encyclopedias), Wiktionary (dictionary and thesaurus), Wikiquote (quotations), Wikibooks (open content textbooks), Wikisource (free content primary and secondary source texts), Wikinews (news source), Wikiversity (open learning community), Wikispecies (free species directory), and many others as listed below. Most of these projects have separate wiki versions written in many different languages. There is also the Wikimedia Commons (shared repository for images, videos and other media files), Wikidata (central space knowledge base for data used on all WMF projects), and the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki (coordination of issues common to all Wikimedia projects). The Foundations' global reach is nurtured in its Incubator, where all new language versions for all projects are initiated and developed before being rolled out. Its most recent major project, Wikivoyage (a 'travelpedia'), was inducted to WMF in late 2012.
Wikipedia • Wiktionary • Wikiquote • Wikibooks • Wikisource • Wikinews • Wikiversity • Wikispecies • MediaWiki • Wikidata • Commons • Wikivoyage • Meta-Wiki • Incubator • Labs • Chapters • Wikimania • Outreach • Toolserver • Statistics • Wikitech • Phabricator • Downloads • Blog • Shop • Donate • Login
- Wikimedia Foundation private and management wikis
Board • BoardGovCom • Office • Executive • Internal • Affiliations Committee • OTRS • Collab • Movement Roles • Audit Committee • Search Committee • Advisory Board • Quality • Usability Initiative • Strategic Planning • SP-Com
- Wikimedia.org — portal to all of the major WMF projects
- WikimediaFoundation.org — public WMF wiki
- Complete list of Wikimedia projects — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- List of Wikimedia projects by size (sortable) — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- SiteMatrix table of all Wikimedia wikis — listed by language, project, interproject link, and interwiki, at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki, along with list of all private and management wiki
- Toolserver:Wiki server assignments — formerly at Wikimedia Toolserver, now at MediaWiki.org
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services — public website health status for Wikimedia Foundation, at status.Wikimedia.org
- Wikistats: Wikimedia Statistics — comprehensive statistics by project – stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Database dump progress — list of live database dumps at Wikimedia Downloads
- Wikimedia Interactive Statistics[dead link] — from Wikistatistics.net – archived spapshot from archive.is
- Special Wikimedia Projects by size — sortable list from WikiStats by S23.org (last updated 11 September 2011, but still useful information)
- plain-text database list — at noc.Wikimedia.org
- Wikimedia Grid Report — multiple detailed performance graphs from ganglia.Wikimedia.org
- Phabricator — formerly Bugzilla.Wikimedia.org, now phabricator.Wikimedia.org, for bug reporting and software development
- Public Mailing Lists — at lists.Wikimedia.org
- Wikimedia.org site info — from Alexa.com
Pages in category “Wikinews”
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
Media in category "Wikinews"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.